These were so yummy, they were drool worthy. We just needed a quick dinner so I thought lets just grab a few items from the store and bam! You have yourself some amazingly healthy-ier… for you chili cheese fries.
All I did was slice up some potatoes for fries, topped with chili and made some ama-za-zing vegan nacho cheese sauce (which I’ll share the recipe I found) then sprinkled on a few green onions!! Presto pretty quick yummy meal.
Click on the pic for details
I have a confession to make though! I make my own chili and most the time I freeze single bags of for this sort of occasion. Well I just so happen to have had no chili in the freezer, if you have homemade chili no doubt your fries will be better than mine;) But if you don’t I did buy this Amy’s Chili, for those of you who want quick and easy but not super duper bad for you. You can check out product faqs at the end of this post.
For the cheese sauce I’ve been using this recipe here.
But I’ll show you the tricks I learned.
- I like to add a little more nutritional yeast, depends how cheesy you want it.
- If you have a vitamix, this works absolutely perfect in there.
- Make extra you can use the cheese in all sorts of places like mac n’cheese, nachos or any other place you can use cheese sauce.
Feel free to add your input or any other ways you have used the sauce 😉
- Certified Organic by QAI (Quality Assurance International)
- No-GMOs – No genetically engineered ingredients – No preservatives
- Amy’s Kitchen does not use any peanuts, fish, shellfish or eggs
- Gluten free and Vegan
ALSO… From Amy’s website
The safety of our consumers is very important to us. So when BPA-lined cans raised health concerns, Amy’s quickly transitioned to tin-plated, non-BPA-lined cans.Our tin-plated can has an approved, non-BPA interior lining The can end is made of tin-free steel and has an approved non-BPA lining as well as a food-grade seal. The can body is lined with acrylic, and the can lid is lined with polyester. The can, lid and the liners are made in the US and are approved by the FDA for direct food contact. Any other concerns https://amys.com/faqs