I love chocolate chip cookies and when you throw in oatmeal watch out world. Yummo!! Love to make cookie dough and eat it raw, before I was vegan I took a chance I could get sick. Then I opened my eyes and decided vegan is totally me and this fabulous dough is totally vegan. you can eat it raw heck you can eat the entire bowl raw you don’t even got to bake it. One time for Christmas I made cookies and got lazy I didn’t even cook them, I literally served them up as cookie dough balls. 🙂 They were so yummy. Now I want to give you my review of this raw-tastic chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe.
I don’t know about you but I always make cookie dough and only bake what we will eat. I ONLY love fresh baked cookies. Day after cookies or even cookies that have cooled all the way down and no longer burns your tongue aren’t on the yumalicious scale. These little nuggets of heaven where good the next day also. They where amay-za-zing and they are vegan & gluten free, even better.
Eat this right out of the bowl, I wasn’t kidding when I said the batter was yummy, I’m surprised they made it to the oven. Therefore I found the original recipe here The Beaming Baker.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c gluten free oat flour (see notes)
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 flax eggs (see notes)
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c + 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 c non dairy chocolate chips
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Now in a bowl stir together the dry ingredients except sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients until it is combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet until it’s combined then add chocolate chips.
- Spoon out mixture on parchment paper in little balls and then flatten them out they don’t spread.
- Now you’ll want to bake for 8-12 minutes and enjoy you can cool or eat them right out of the oven but caution item is hot!!
Now to make oat flour just add oat meal to a grinder and grind it into flour.
Next to make a flax egg combine 2 Tbsp ground flax seed and 6 Tbsp water mix together and allow to gel approx 15 minutes.
You can add in extra oatmeal you get extra oatmeally cookies. As a result it is superbly yummy!
Finally my experience with this recipe is this was a good easy go to recipe that I will continue to use. Also if you tried this recipe let me know how you liked it. Therefore if you add anything extra I’d love to hear about it.