These are so yummy! && they are quick to whip up a little like popcorn. My husband says “I want a snack” and I say “Hey how about some kale chips” and there you have it I just make a batch of yummy crispy nuggets of love!
Add your oil and hand mix it all up it’s that easy!
Let’s be honest here I didn’t think I’d like kale chips they scared me like they’d taste like dirt or whatever. The hubster bought a bag of store bought kale chips and I tried them well let’s just say it wasn’t love at first nibble, but there was something that had my hand keep reaching in the bag. Then I had an epiphany I could make these and they’d totally be yummy.
They totally were yummy and so much better especially warm and crispy. Here is my recipe that was SO good!
Spicy Nacho Kale Chips
- ½ bag organic green kale or (~10 large leaves) with stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Pour on the olive oil, and use your hands to massage the olive oil into each leaf.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over the kale, and use your hands to mix the spices among all of the leaves.
Spread the kale in a single layer on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, turn the cookie sheet, and bake for another 14 minutes. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before enjoying.
*UPDATE- You want to eat these fresh out of the oven. They lose all crispyness when they get cold just like popcorn is icky when cold. I wouldn’t suggest making in big batches to save leftovers.